Monday, March 30, 2009

Pretending to be happy is but a sad distraction

I rush to give you my silent warning with a gentle squeeze of your hand

As I glance at the path I've walked, I've endured, companion-less

My face is overwhelmed with a familiar aroma and the dust keeps piling up

I collapse outside of town, landing softly

My legs are weary of their endless journey

And fleeting memories run through my head

I see the same profile, hear the same words over and over again

Like the girl who asked me,

"Isn't life sad when all you do is live?"

You're still careless, young and helpless

Disappearing into the hollow void

Now having to witness sadness you should never have seen

Crying tears that should have remained dry

We may not be tough enough to live on truth alone, but you know we don't need to be

No comments: